We are excited to announce that not only have we met our goals for the Northeast Arizona Native Democrats Postcard Program, we exceeded them! And, with no more addresses to assign, we are officially closing down the regular postcard operation for the 2022 election year. More people on sovereign lands will vote this year because of these postcards, and because of you.
We have completed not just all the voter lists for our original high potential voters on Navajo, Hopi, and Apache sovereign lands: we also were able to reach non-voters, new voters, excellent voters, the border towns of our turf, and three other tribes in two other counties. Thank you, sincerely, on behalf of the Northeast Arizona Native Democrats, for supporting the program with your time, treasure, and hard work. We could not have accomplished this extraordinary effort without you.
Here’s a recap of the 2022 postcard program’s accomplishments:
- We’ve assigned and written 167,435 postcards;
- That amounts to our volunteer writers contributing approximately $71,000 in postage to our work. You read that correctly. Those are funds we used to pay field organizer salaries instead of postage fees.
- That also means our volunteer writers contributed approximately $25,000 in postcard materials to our work;
- If you assume it takes five minutes per postcard to write, then our volunteer writers donated 14,000 hours to our cause;
- The program’s team of inbox and assignment coordinators dedicated something like 700 hours to this project
- We received the help of more than 1200 volunteer writers from all over the country.
Thank you, from all of us at the Northeast Arizona Native Democrats. Follow us on social media (Facebook, Twitter) to see some special thank yous from our Field Organizers, for whom you all wrote thousands of postcards this year that connected them with voters in their community. We look forward to gathering virtually after the election to share our successes and more thanks!