by Christine Brown
Indivisible Acton Area and IndivisibleLAB cohosted our first Take Action Forum of 2023, Tending the Flame of Democracy: Massachusetts Legislation. After all, the reason we work so hard on elections is to elect people who will reflect our values and make them into law. Not only can we make life better here in Massachusetts, we can take a page out of David Pepper’s playbook and provide a strong democratic model for other blue states.
Our guest speaker was Jonathan Cohn, Policy Director of Progressive Mass. He gave us a snapshot of some of the important legislation PM is advocating for. Find their whole list here. What really captivated us was strategies to advocate for these bills- and our Coffee and Conversations initiative is a crucial part. We’re also adding a Massachusetts section to Turn Purple 2 Blue, our easy-to-use TAKE ACTION website!
- Progressive Mass at minute 5
- Coffee and Conversations: Why, How, and Who at minute 53
- IndivisibleLAB: Meet a New Group at minute 101
- Indivisible Acton Area: 2022 Successes and 2023 Goals at minute 107
- www.TurnPurple2Blue.org: 2022 Successes and New for 2023 at minute 114
- Hyper Local Activism: How to Make a Difference at minute 127
Thank you to our cosponsors:
- Concord Indivisible
- Indivisible Westford Area, a Progressive Mass chapter
- Three Rivers Progressive Mass
- Democratic Town Committees of Billerica, Bolton, Boxborough, Concord, Harvard, Hudson, Lincoln, Littleton, Shirley, Stow, Sudbury, Wayland